After a long silence, we have some good news and some more good news.
We received 40 sets of casings from our Dutch anodization printing partner. They look absolutely splendid. See the attached picture.
As mentioned earlier we have a production schedule up at: https://www.tastychips.nl/?page_id=2514 Please watch this space for any updates on the production and shipping process. As can be seen on that page, we have just shipped out some more Kickstarter units, and will now go on to send out the remaining ones. This will take up to half May. Then, all Kickstarter rewards will be done! 🙂
We’ve also not been sitting still in terms of firmware. Today we’re releasing v1.2.2, which is a bugfix release : https://tastychips.nl//downloads/gr1_firmware_v1.2.2_4e6877b.tgz. But more importantly: v1.3 is coming up!
Version 1.3 features
- Full support for MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE), including mapping of MPE Timbre and aftertouch to the MOD matrix. In practice that means support for controllers like Roli Seabord, Haken Continuum, and the LinnStrument.
- Record position slider movement to LFO waves.
- Numerical display for all parameters.
- LFO DIV/MUL on knobs when synced to MIDI clock.
- MIDI clock -> density sync.
- Resampling loaded samples to native 44.1 (can be turned on and off).
- Shift+Sides, Shift+Curve sliders controls loop start, end.
- Save path remembered separately per type (sample, patch, performance).
- LFO -> Delay time sync.
- Custom scales for voice sliders.
Version 1.3 bugfixes
- Filter instability solved. (happened at high cutoffs)
- Pressing shift caused pitch changes when playing MIDI notes.
- Better note hold.
- Sub-oscillator crackles fixed.
We’ll be at superbooth 2018, Berlin in two weeks. There we’ll demonstrate the 1.3 beta, along with a Roli Seaboard. After this we’re open for beta testing. Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you the beta upgrade.